March 17, 2021 - The Senate Ethics Officer (SEO) is pleased to announce that the Office of the Senate Ethics Officer (the Office) is launching its new website.
The new website offers several noticeable improvements including the following.
- The new website sports the new branding of the Office. The new branding reflects a more dynamic, professional and responsive organization. By using the logo of the Senate and the colors of the logo, it reflects the duality of the Senate Ethics Officer (SEO) carrying out his duties and functions within the institution of the Senate while being independent from it.
- The new website is more accessible, more readable, more informative and more transparent.
- The new website includes a new Public Registry that is partly searchable by Senators’ names, fiscal years and types of statements, or a combination of these.
- The new website includes a series of Frequently Asked Questions that provide information on, and a better understanding of, the Ethics and Conflict of Interest Code for Senators (the Code), the Office and the SEO. These FAQs and their answers are based on the questions the Office has received and responded to over the years from Senators, their staff, the public and the media.
- The new website includes a placeholder for future new guidelines on the interpretation of the Code, which the SEO will publish with the approval of the Standing Committee on Ethic and Conflict of Interest for Senators.